Residential Appliance Repair Technician Needed. Earn 45-50% commission after paid trial period. Lots of room to grow! We are a small but fast-growing appliance repair & install company based in the Triangle looking for a new team member to assist with appliance repairs.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Friendly and accurate diagnosis of customer’s appliance issues
- Keep inventory of commonly needed parts such as fuses, thermistors, ignitors, and belts.
- Provide honest and fair estimates and repair options based on our current pricing model, taking into account any product warranties they have
- Must be able to follow complex repair instructions as per manufacturer specifications to complete repair of Refrigerators, Dishwashers, Stoves, Laundry equipment, BBQs, etc.
- Loading and unloading up to 75 - 150 lbs.
- Inspects for proper operation and damage after repairs.
- Provides customer with proper use & care information for their appliance
- Ability to complete invoicing and commission paperwork in a timely manner
- Available to work weekdays and every other Saturday. No Major Holidays.
- 3-5 years of verifiable experience in the field required
- Reliable transportation and insurance.
- Manual dexterity and physical stamina.
- Clean appearance (most tattoos are OK-nothing with nudity, no pot leaves)
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Clean DMV record and criminal background check
- Be able to pass pre-employment drug-screening
- A friendly, can-do attitude
Preferred, but not required:
- Postsecondary training from a trade or vocational school
- Fuel-piping contractor's license
- Bi-lingual in English & Spanish
- Experience in appliance repair is preferred. Appliance installation experience is also helpful.
- Freon certification from EPA
- Your own tools (pressure gauges, manometer, drill gun, oxy-acetylene brazing tools)
- Sturdy work boots and back support belt
Please email us with your experience and contact info, as well as any references. We look forward to talking to you!